Our Blessed Bunch

Our Blessed Bunch

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Thankful

We are so thankful! One of the best parts of this mission trip so far(I know we haven't left yet :)) has been to see God working! He has provided through our sweet family and friends so much needed funding for this trip....overwhelmed by love.  We also shared an orphanage need list with our church family, we now have 4 loaded up suitcases ready to take to the orphanage with needed supplies, (plus the 2 Carrie Anne and I are taking with our clothes).  
Wow, 200 pounds worth of goodies for these sweet children.....overwhelmed by your love.  Carrie Anne and I may be the ones going to Africa but you, our family and friends, are definitely the hands and feet of Jesus also.  So....:) in just a few short days, those bibs and bottles, craft supplies and medical supplies will be on those sweet children on the other side of the world.  Thank you!





Another neat story of God's provision....last week I stopped at Chick-fil-a, picked up lunch and headed to the park.  While eating lunch I noticed the kids meals came in a bag that had a cow puppet on the side of the bag.  The kids could color the cow and the bag became a hand puppet.  I mentioned to Carrie Anne wouldn't it be fun if we could get some of those to take to Uganda for VBS.  After lunch I called Chick-fil-a and told the lady my daughter and I were going on a mission trip to Uganda is there any way I could get 200 of there cow puppet bags.  She told me to hold on and came back to the phone a moment later and said ma'am we can give you 600, no charge.  I smiled to myself, said thank you, I only need 200.  When I picked them up sure enough the manager said here are 600.  So in the picture above you may notice a cardboard box in one of the suitcases, it has 600 cow puppet bags in it that will be used at our VBS program and at the orphanages!  God gave us another craft!  
I am so excited!

Again, we are so thankful!

1 comment:

  1. To excited for you guys. Cant wait to see all the pictures and hear of all the fun that The GO Team and Adam and Ryan are have while in Country. So excited. Praying all the bags get there safely and praying you all get to your destination safely. Thank you for all updates.

    ReplyDelete