Our Blessed Bunch

Our Blessed Bunch

Monday, June 3, 2013

CONGRATULATIONS TAYLOR!!!!

Today was our home school graduation at our church.  
I have watched many home school graduations at our church and thought it seemed so far away for our own children, but Saturday our oldest graduated from high school.  Hard to believe!



As I sat there enjoying watching our children honor God at their graduation ceremony I was filled with joy.  They purposefully chose their songs to honor God.  Taylor played my favorite song and a song which  I pray will be his vision in life, "Be Thou My Vision", he also played "Brethren, We Have Met To Worship".  Colleen along with Jonathan sang "Holy Is He".  

Where has the time gone?  Some days moved so incredibly s-l-o-w, I thought graduation day would never come, as through tears we worked our way through a hard task and other days are remembered with happy "light bulb moments".  I hope he remembers our good times of read alouds, fun experiments, great Bible discussions, field trips and our home filled with LOTS of laughter.  No, home schooling is not always easy!  But, I know each day he was surrounded by love and his teacher (me) loved him and cared for his future more than any paid teacher could have.

Now the choice is his, we pray he continues to stay close to God and allow God to direct his path.


We love you Taylor!!  Congratulations!

"But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.     
 ~2 Timothy 3:14-15 

No comments:

Post a Comment