Our Blessed Bunch

Our Blessed Bunch

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Reflecting....

...on God's goodness.

Caleb and I had to make an unexpected trip to Cincinnati Children's this week.  Unexpected to me, not to God, He knows all.  I'm not sure why He had us take this quick trip but... He did.  Caleb's medicine port was not working and we left early Sunday and drove 10 hours to Cincinnati.  Praise the Lord they fixed it Monday morning and we hit the road for a 10 hour trip home.  If they had not been able to fix it we would of stayed in town for needed surgery, so needless to say we were so excited when they came to the waiting room to tell me they got it open and I could soon meet him in the recovery room!  He woke easily from sedation and we hit the road.

But again, why?  Why was this trip needed right now in God's plans??  I don't know and it's not my place to question God.  But, I do know our God is amazing.  We left on Sunday morning and once again I was amazed by the beautiful creation God has made!  Caleb had his headphones on and watched a movie, I turned on the music and listened to songs that spoke of God's grace and goodness, sang along and enjoyed the scenery. 

I have made this trip now in winter, spring and summer.  I have drove through snow, rain and sun.  Trees bare without leaves, budding trees and trees in full bloom.  No matter the conditions the drive is beautiful. 
I praise the Lord for His goodness.  He made this beautiful creation, Earth, for our enjoyment.  Maybe.... He had me make this trip just for the hours that I could spend driving quietly meditating on His goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment