Our Blessed Bunch

Our Blessed Bunch

Sunday, March 31, 2013

The WEIGHT of the cross!

The weight of the cross was the weight of my sin
Not the weight of the tree that was carried by HIM
My guilt and disgrace Jesus wore in my place
On Calvary's road 'neath the weight of the cross

His face was scarred His body bruised 
His head was crowned with thorns
The crowd now jeered and cursed His name
The object of their scorn
He never spoke a word to them
The silent lamb of God
This man of sorrow bore the cross He chose to carry on
But somehow in His eyes I saw a love beyond the pain
As if He knew His sacrifice and loss would be my gain

The weight of the cross was the weight of my sin
Not the weight of the tree that was carried by HIM
My guilt and disgrace Jesus wore in my place 
On Calvary's road 'neath the weight of the cross

~That is a portion of a song that has been in my van CD player for the past couple of weeks.  What an amazing song to meditate on!

Wow!  During the Easter season we often see pictures of Jesus labored under the weight of a cross He carried as He walked up Calvary's road.  In my mind I had always thought He was bent over because of the sheer weight of the cross, but what a thought to think NO, HE was carrying the weight of not just my sins but the sins of every person that has lived and ever will live!  Every lie, every evil thought, every rude comment, every sin!

Did He have to??

NO!

Why did HE??

LOVE!  
Love for every person that has ever lived!  What amazing love!

"But somehow in His eyes I saw a love beyond the pain
as if He knew His sacrifice and loss would be my gain"

Wow, what amazing love for me, for you!  Praise the Lord He did not die on that cross and stay dead, He rose again three days later and now lives in heaven preparing a home for all of those that will put their faith and trust in HIM, and him alone!

I hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter Sunday focusing on the amazing love that God bestows on us!

1 comment:

  1. Who sang the song you posted? We sang it at the camp I work at and I can't find it anywhere.

    ReplyDelete